Thursday, October 1, 2009

Is it wrong...

No.

First off I decided to dedicate this entry to answer a few of the comments from within that interview. Chances are the bigots and hypocrites will never get a chance to see this post - but if they do I doubt they will absorb anything, such is human nature when it comes to these things... its hard enough to get someone to change their preconceived ideas on something even if the truth is staring them in the face.

First off - I am no biologist, scientist, philosopher any person of any accreditation other than that in 3D animation, acting. This is purely opinion based on my own experiences and perception of things. I do try keep abreast of things and make sure that my assumptions are informed - correction and advice is welcome... Just be in a position to give it. Now if only those people out there could show the same humility and stop talking like what they believe is absolute fact when the reality is they have absolutely no idea what they talking about. Now that the disclaimer is out of the way... Lets begin!

Most of the negative comments were left anonymously... just a thought.


1st up and one of my favourites...
Comment : My opinion I think these guys are not born to be gay, but its the fashion! Sick! Certainly nothing to brag about. Read your Bible!
Me : Being gay is in fashion? What world are you living in? Why would anyone choose to feel alienated, to be ostracised by your peers, to deal with the fear of your parents rejecting you because they too have been told by religious society that its wrong or immoral? Ive known I was gay all my life and the hardship it put me through, within myself and in general, I wouldn't wish for anyone. But its made me the person I am to day and as I stand here if there was a pill to go straight - I wouldn't take it. Saying that its just 'in fashion' or even 'a choice' is insulting. Point made - no one who realised they are gay want to be at first (We have conservative society to thank for that) but soon enough you realise its a part of you and to change that is to untrue to yourself. The user 'mom of a gay' - 7th comment in the interview couldn't of said it better. I suggest anyone who hasn't seen her response go do so...



Comment : Do you know Scientists traced AIDS back to the first person that had it and it was a Gay! Makes you think!
Me : Not even going to dignify this - instead Ill refer to this. visit http://www.avert.org/origin-aids-hiv.htm

Comment : blah blah its a choice?
Me : I think this one should be easy as mentioned before... I didn't 'choose' to like guys just as much as any straight guy 'chose' to like girls. You just know what your attracted to sexually and as far as I am concerned that's that.

Tell you what, I'm getting bored with these topics inevitably they end up all the same, and the negative comments seem to come from people who don't attempt to think for themselves, and the religious arguments hold no water with me because they are flawed to begin with. But Ill refrain from speaking religion - its a touchy subject.

So here is my reasoning:

For something to be wrong or right the question really comes down to three ethical questions:

Does it harm Society or rather (The Greater Good)?

Does it harm others?

Does it harm me?

So....

Does it harm society?
Well I really don't think it could, I mean - what I do in bed really doesn't affect society in the slightest. If anything it brings down over population... and if the studies are anything to go by, gay parents are just as fit as straight to raise a child. Now you tell me, with so so many children out there needing a loving caring home and an opportunity at education, who are you, or anyone to deny them that when there are people wanting to give them just that!?

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE58O3MK20090925

Does it harm others?
Do I even need to justify this one? NO! Me being gay has no baring whatsoever on the colleagues I work with, the friends I hang out with, my parents, or anyone! Besides if it doesn't affect you why do you need to make it your issue. Live and let live... great words to live by.

Does it harm me?
The only harm that it has done me has been caused by others, and until society learns to accept, let people be who they are within the confines of the law (thank god for South African Constitution) then people who are gay will inevitably be hurt by ignorant others who are less enlightened by the live and let live philosophy.

A quick thought - A penis is meant for a vagina therefore it is ethically wrong. - Bullshit (the body part not used for intended purpose argument)
I could pull out a tooth and wear it round my neck as a decorative piece but that wouldn't be considered ethically wrong. Besides - in case you hadn't heard, Anal sex for men IS enjoyable, you heard me, the sexual centre of a man is his prostate... now tell me why would it be rewarding for both parties, top or bottom, if it was wrong... the same as any straight couple?

Its Unnatural? Over 1500 animals in nature exhibit homosexual behaviour, researched and documented... now tell me how is 'unnatural'
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

So NO, its not wrong.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see another young gay man with a good head on his shoulders. Definitely a worth Mr Gay SA candidate! As a minority, homosexuals will always be discriminated against, however I do feel that things are improving - not long ago articles like the one in question would only have been found in mainstream media like news24. Unfortunately this is something that we all need to live with - don't let it stress you out, just live your life and go with the flow.
    Good luck for Mr Gay SA - you've got my vote. See you on the Sinfonia in November! Going to be a HUGE party!

    ReplyDelete